Thursday, June 02, 2005

Drive-By

Sometimes if I’m in the neighborhood I’ll drive by my old apartment. I’m not sure if it’s possible to stalk your old life, or if this is what I’m doing, but I do have the sense that if I keep my eye on that location periodically that I’ll make some important discovery about something. When that happens I’ll let you know. In the meantime, I did not discover much of anything except that I have fond memories of my eight years over there, and that I am so happy right where I am, which are not so much discoveries as they are things I already knew. Someone told me and Ben that we hit the apartment lottery and I really think we did. I think I hit the husband lottery too. Yesterday afternoon we were lying in the hammock and Ben was just like, Wow, I really don’t think there’s a better place anywhere than this and I was just like Amen and then we were both just like, If you want to have time lose all meaning in the best possible way, get yourself a hammock.

No comments: