Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Mad Hot Ballroom + Spellbound = My Ideal Family

I my kids to be one half nerdy brainy Spellbound and one half street-smart wide-eyed Mad Hot Ballroom. Can I order that up? I think the thing that struck me watching MHB was how – ballroom dancing isn’t like, at the peak of it’s popularity with the kids these days, but that it’s almost like you could take anything at all (ok, anything wholesome) and get kids excited about it if you actually take the time. Okay what I’m trying to say is that they need attention, and direction, and attention, and attention, and some of these kids had behavior problems prior to the ballroom thing and then suddenly they didn’t, and I think that’s pretty awesome.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I ran across Angela Arenivar's blog (speller in Spellbound): www.angelainspain.blogspot.com