Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Wee-yotch, Or: Could The CW Possibly Be What the WB Is Now?, Or: Why I Love Ben, Part Ninety-Eight Bajillion

Last night there wasn’t much on TV I was committed to while I sewed a little dog out of felt, and I did some channel-hopping with a focus on “Final Destination 2”. Mind you I hadn’t seen Final Destinaton 1, but whatever. I’m fairly bright. I figured I’d catch on, and I was right – the characters explain the entire first movie in one scene in which I was almost sure they’d slip and actually say “In the first movie…” So anyway, it was predictably ridiculous, albeit with a few chuckles, not the least of which, for me, was the dubbing in of “wee-yotch” to replace “bee-yotch.” I realize that bee-yotch is slang for bitch, but aren’t they saying both bitch and beeyotch on TV these days? I’m sure the only reason I know the word beeyotch is because of TV. I know beeyotch is a slang word, but weeyotch isn’t a word at all.
Anyway, so Ben comes home and I confess I watched “a cheesy movie” and he asks which one and I tell him Final Destination 2 and he says, “Oh, I totally wanted to see that!” And I look at him and say, “Did you see Final Destination 1?” and he says, “No,” like, what’s your point, Betsy, and that is why I love him part sixty-five matrillion or whatever.

No comments: