Monday, May 08, 2006

The Tipping Point

Okay, I was unable to put this book down and I recommend it highly but not until after you’ve read IN PERSUASION NATION. Totally different animal. But – a quick read and a fascinating subject – a look into what causes trends to catch on, how word of mouth actually works, how things that seem random really aren’t and why. It kinda blew my mind, probably because at the bottom of it it echoed one tine of my fervent life-beliefs which boils down to: possibility. It has everything to do with why I think I can tip the scales on the short story.

1 comment:

smussyolay said...

gah. i've heard about the tipping point and blink forever. so much so that i know that malcolm gladwell wrote them without having to google it. i need to get cracking.

also, in persuasion nation makes me think of assassination vacation by sarah vowell, only for the word sounds.