Wednesday, December 28, 2005

The Best Holiday Video Card We Ever Got

Okay, it’s also the first and only holiday video card we ever got, and fine, we had to wait a couple hours for it to download, but it’s THAT GOOD. Megan I hope you’re reading, cuz I would very much like to link to it. Yay, you are! Here it is! It’s only a few minutes long, but it has an amazing soundtrack, and lovely images – seriously, it’s really nicely made – but mostly it’s just so damn sweet, I watched parts of it several times and I watched the whole thing twice and it made me well up with happy tears both times. It’s a little love story of a girl and a boy and their dog and their friends, but there’s no girl losing boy or boy losing girl. There’s only getting and joy, and yet, it left me with the inexplicable feeling of time gone by, probably because it has that feeling of old home movies where you just dance around and wave and there’s no dialogue. What I’m trying to say is, I don’t think you have to know Megan and Christopher and Mojo to totally be moved by it, although afterward, you will for sure want to.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the time passing thing comes from the dog getting bigger. Like, how at the restaurant where I work, I waited on this lady and her little girl. I remember serving her when she was pregnant with that little girl!

Here's the video card:
http://www.theexcuse.org/xmas/xmas2005.mov

And your amazing soundtrack is Belleville Rendez-vou (from the Triplets of Belleville soundtrack), Heartbeats (Jose Gonzalez) and Mushaboom (Feist)

Donny B said...

As soon as I heard the opening to The Triplets of Belleville I was hooked (such a good movie!).

The video card is so good. I think i had a fiction writing class at Columbia with Chris who, if I recall correctly, wrote one of the best stories I had heard in any of my classes.

Anonymous said...

Isn't it great? PS I'm sure that was Christopher.