Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Discovery

Raisin Bran does not hold up after two plus years in a cabinet. Although the Bran part seems fine, the raisins are inedibly hard.
My sweet friend Nina is the kind of hostess who always likes to have things on hand that I like when I come to visit. I declined her offer to go out and buy Raisin Bran because I thought I could survive a two-day visit without it. Discovering an old box at the back of her cabinet from one of my previous visits, I poured the milk into the bowl thinking it seemed fine until further discovery revealed the ancient raisins. An attempt to remove the bad raisins and replace them with new fresh raisins was something of a failure, because as everyone knows, what makes the raisins in Raisin Bran so good is the sugar coating.

2 comments:

Elizabeth Crane said...

I will try this. I want to say I just asked Ben if he'd ever had Kashi Go Lean and he thought I was speaking another language for a second.

Elizabeth Crane said...

I did tell Ben what I was saying. But weirdly, this morning he spoke another language to me. I said, Where did you go? He said, Dityo ka. Which in Kashi Go Lean translates to: Did yoga.