Friday, February 02, 2007
The Part Where I Drive Away Anyone Who’s Still Reading This Blog
1. His muzzle is soft and spotted. You have to kiss it all the time.
2. His eyes when he’s asleep are squinty and so cute like he has to work at sleeping.
3. He gives hugs.
4. His coat is like, six different colors. His top and spots are mostly black, his chest is white, other parts are gray, and several shades of brown show up in various places and various lights.
5. He has, as Ben says, a little bit of a hairdo. His head and ears are soft and downy, the rest of his coat is soft but a little more coarse, but along his backbone, it’s thick and wavy, and kind of looks like he styled it that way.
6. The tip of his black tail is white and fluffy like a very well used paintbrush.
7. When he sleeps, sometimes he curls up into a little ball with his tail under his chin.
8. Sometimes he sits up in Ben’s armchair and looks like a man.
9. He loves to play with other dogs, but sometimes in a group he gets cornered by the other dogs at the park – but he always breaks away and when he does he leaves them in the dust because he’s always the fastest dog in the park! He reminds me of this great story by Dave Eggers in the voice of a dog and the first line is like, Hooooooooo!!!! Hoooooooo!!!! I’m a fast dog!